Friday 12 June 2009

a new start

So what am I supposed to do now?

I have no job to worry about, no more studying to do…

Ok so first things first, the house needs to be sorted into some kind of order – moving house not only is a total pain in the bum, stressful beyond belief, but also provides a window into the depths of the deepest, darkest, most cavernous CUPBOARDS FULL OF CRAP. Argh, we have so much superfluous junk it’s barely believable. Ok so they’re no longer cupboards full of the stuff but boxes and bin liners overflowing with it, scattered willy nilly all over the house.

So the next few weeks of my life are looking to be focussed on the mammoth task of sorting out the useful and necessary, from the “what on earth?!” and the “why, why, WHY do we still have this?”, and then finding homes for it all…starting with the kitchen – deep joy.

Anyway on another positive note, I feel really rather relieved and happy that my Skills Test firstly happened, and secondly went really well. Today I managed to get the all the paperwork sent off to the CAA so hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have my pilot’s license in my hand – it’s quite worrying just how exciting that simple piece of paper is to me really, I know it’s just a piece of paper at the end of the day, but it’s also a piece of paper I have lusted after since I was eleven, a piece of paper I have bust a gut to gain and spent a fortune on in the process (hell, the only reason I put up with the last few months of crap at work was so I could afford this).

It may only be a piece of paper but it’s one of the most important (to me) pieces of paper I will ever own. So yes, I’m happy, excited, and very eagerly anticipating that envelope in the post.

Oh, and roll on the tidying up :-(

 

Update: internet connection is still non-existent at the house, so I’m publishing this a few days after I first wrote it, using the free WiFi connection in the McDonalds 15 miles away, AND I’ve just eaten a McFlurry. Not good…

No comments:

Post a Comment